KIT: Mayar Horsebow parts kit.All the Bamboo parts, including the siya's, make this KIT.
So what can you make? Using the siya's and riser included , using this glue-up form : https://fairbow.myshopify.com/collections/bow-tools-diy-kits-manual/products/horsebow-glue-up-mold
You could make a bow similar to our Magyar. Using wedges instead of Siya's you could make Kurgan, or shortening the kit from 62 inches to 48 inches you would be looking at a Katsa like bow.
You will need to do a lot of work. You need to do the feathering (thinning) of the ends of the riser and the siya's and prepare the laminations etc.
But wood and cores are all included in the kit.
We have made a series of little videos helping you along with the bow build.Please order glue etc. separate.
- 62-inch laminations
- A bamboo or a glass version is available.
- Supercore laminations up to 50 lbs included
- 2 Padouk Siya's (non-feathered)
- 1 Hardwood Riser (depending on availability, Hickory, Maple, Padouk, Rosewood, stacked Bamboo)
- Set of drawings for the final shaping and layout